Job Title: Merrimack College Women’s Rugby Club Head Coach
Location: Merrimack College North Andover, MA
Merrimack Women’s Rugby Football Club (MWRFC) is seeking a qualified Head Coach to begin coaching for the Fall 2014 season. We are a club sport managed by a staff of current players. Last Spring Season MWRFC attended the 7’s Nationals Championship in Grand Rapids, Michigan; where they placed 4th in Rugby Northeast. Player Experience ranges from first day to 4 years. We desire a head coach who is able to attend our games, and is able to lead practices so that we can improve our play based on our game performance.
Season is September-mid November
- Practices on Tuesday 6pm-8pm and Thursday 6pm-8pm. Practices occur on Merrimack College Campus on various field locations.
- Games are mostly on Saturdays and Sundays. Games are throughout the Northeast region.
Must travel to games in own vehicle for safety reasons
- Must be able to instruct new players as well as advance the skills of 4+ year veteran players.
- Must have extensive understanding of rugby union rules and strategy.
- Should have the desire to advance our team.
- A passion to nourish and develop club pride and the culture around the team.
- Must communicate well and delegate leadership to the two captains.
- Understand the student-athlete priority of academics and wellbeing.
Compensation: Based on coaching experience and budgets